Trump Postpones ‘The Fake News Awards’ Until Next Week

By Melanie Arter | January 10, 2018 | 11:56 AM EST

President Donald Trump surrounded by GOP congressional leaders at Camp David (Screenshot of White House video)

(CNSNews.com) – President Donald Trump still plans to hold what he called “the most dishonest and corrupt media awards of the year,” but instead of it taking place this past Monday, the White House will host it next week.

Trump tweeted Sunday that “the Fake News Awards” will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 17.

“The Fake News Awards, those going to the most corrupt & biased of the Mainstream Media, will be presented to the losers on Wednesday, January 17th, rather than this coming Monday. The interest in, and importance of, these awards is far greater than anyone could have anticipated!” the president tweeted.

“Subjects will cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media,” Trump tweeted last week.

As CNSNews.com previously reported, the White House has been mum on the details about the awards, such as how many awards will be given, where it will take place, whether there will be other judges, an audience, and whether it will be televised.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said at the time, “I certainly don't want to spoil anything, but my guess is that there are quite a few individuals that could be up for those awards.”

When asked whether the press corps will be in attendance, Sanders said, “We'll certainly keep you posted. It might be hard for him to present trophies if you guys aren't there.”

 


Please support CNSNews today! (a 501c3 non-profit production of the Media Research Center)

DONATE