“Don’t fall for their so-called ‘For the People Act,’” Stand for America founder and former Governor Nikki Haley said Tuesday, warning that Democrats are promoting myths about what their H.R. 1 would actually do.
“Democrats want the federal government to control America’s elections,” Haley tweeted in a warning about the bill being pushed by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).
“Here’s the truth,” Haley writes, introducing a video dispelling two myths being sold by Democrats:
- “Myth #1: Democracy Is Broken and Their Bill Will Save It”
- “Myth #2: The bill will restore political power to Regular People”
Democrats want the federal government to control America’s elections.— Nikki Haley (@NikkiHaley) April 19, 2021
Don't fall for their attempt to sell you their so-called “For The People Act.”
Here's the truth:pic.twitter.com/ihw5cF00bI
The video refers to H.R. 1 as the “For the Politicians Act,” because it:
- Mandates automatic voter registration,
- Restricts removing illegal voters from rolls,
- Guts voter ID laws,
- Allows ballot harvesting,
- Allows the government to pay for campaigns, and
- Puts Washington, not the states, in control of voting
“This bill doesn’t return power to the people. It would give it to liberals in DC.,” the video concludes: “This is not what our Founding Fathers envisioned. Elections should stay close to the people and away from our federal government.“