Confederate monuments aren’t the only ones being vandalized since the violent rally in Charlottesville, Va., earlier this month.
Memorials of the Holocaust, President Abraham Lincoln, Spanish explorer Christopher Columbus – and even a Catholic saint who helped build Spanish missions in California in the 1700s – have also been attacked.
The Daily Signal has compiled a list of eight of the attacks on monuments, and one bomb plot thwarted, since the Charlottesville incident:
- Christopher Columbus monument smashed in Baltimore (filmed, narrated and posted on YouTube).
- Durham statue to the ‘Boys Who Wore Gray’ toppled
- Atlanta ‘Peace’ monument attacked and damaged
- Lincoln Memorial spray painted with vulgar slur against “Law.”
- Abraham Lincoln bust vandalized twice in Chicago
- Father Junipero Serra (a Catholic saint) covered in Red Paint
- Glass of Boston Holocaust Memorial shattered
- Robert E. Lee statue attacked, removed at Duke University
- Man tries to bomb Confederate monument in Houston (thwarted by authorities).