Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is touting a list of “More Than 30 Leading National Advocacy Organizations” endorsing her bid to become the next House speaker.
Of the 32 endorsements listed by Pelosi on her blog, nearly half (14) are labor unions. Multiple gun control, abortion activist, and pro-Obamacare health care groups are also featured on Pelosi’s endorsement list.
Only one “Environment Group” is credited with supporting Pelosi as speaker: the League of Conservation Voters.
See full list, grouped by special interest category, below.
LABOR GROUPS (14):
- United Farm Workers
- American Federation of Teachers
- National Education Association
- United Steelworkers
- Communications Workers of America
- Air Line Pilots Association,
- American Federation of Government Employees
- United Auto Workers,
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters,
- United Food and Commercial Workers, and
- National Association of Letter Carriers
GUN REFORM GROUPS (3):
WOMEN’S GROUPS (2):
HEALTH CARE GROUPS (3):
DEMOCRACY GROUPS (3):
LGBTQ GROUPS (2):
ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS (1):
RELIGIOUS GROUPS (1):
PROGRESSIVE GROUPS (3):