Conservative commentator and former Secret Service Agent Dan Bongino took to Twitter Wednesday to mock the liberal media’s efforts to equate this week’s attack on a U.S. embassy in Baghdad to 2012’s deadly, disastrous attack on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi during the Obama Administration.
In his post, Bongino says “liberal logic” is ignoring five ways in which the Baghdad attack turned out differently under President Donald Trump’s watch:
- “No US personnel were killed,”
- “The embassy wasn’t overrun,”
- “The POTUS immediately & forcefully responded,”
- “Nobody in the administration lied & blamed the attack on a video,” and
- “The media didn’t cover up the details.”
Other than that, “It was exactly like Benghazi,” Bongino sarcastically concedes.
In a separate tweet, Bongino awarded “the Gold Medal for ‘Dumbest Tweet of the Decade’” to MSNBC’s Joy Reid for declaring the Baghdad attack “Trump’s Benghazi.” “Congrats Joy! You earned this one,” Bongino tweeted.