(CNSNews.com) -- One of the leading pro-life organizations in the United States, Operation Rescue, has named President Donald Trump its person of the year and awarded him its 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year Malachi Award. The award is given each year "to recognize individuals who sacrificially work to advance the cause of protecting the pre-born," said Operation Rescue in a statement.
"Operation Rescue is grateful to President Trump for having the courage to keep promises made during the campaign that provide greater protections for the pre-born and deny federal funds from those who commit abortions,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman.
“He has proven to be the most pro-life president we have had in modern history, and has backed up his pro-life rhetoric with action like no other president before him," said Newman.
Operation Rescue listed several of Trump's pro-life victories to highlight why he received the award. This list includes the following,
• Trump appointed conservative, pro-life Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S, Supreme Court.
• He has effectively denied public money to those who commit and promote abortions around the world.
• The Trump Administration Department of Justice has launched a formal investigation into Planned Parenthood’s illegal baby parts trafficking scheme.
• He has actively supported pro-life legislation, such as the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which is currently held up in the U.S. Senate.
• He supports legislation to defund Planned Parenthood in the U.S., and removed an Obama-era mandate that forced states to continue funding Planned Parenthood.
• He has worked to fill his administration with pro-life people and put them in places where they can do the most good.
• Trump’s administration has taken active steps within the Health and Human Services and other agencies to establish pro-life policies that protect the pre-born.
• He has provided protections for those of religious and moral convictions from paying for abortifacient drugs through Obamacare, and continues to work to repeal and replace it.
"“We are proud of President Trump and his bold willingness to advance the cause of life," said Troy Newman. "There are more battles ahead, but under the Trump administration we can now finally see progress within our government toward restoring the sanctity of life and the protections of personhood to the pre-born."
“This makes President Trump a deserving recipient of the 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year Malachi Award," said Newman.
Operation Rescue was founded in 1986 and is based in Wichita, Kansas. It counts as one of its greatest successes the reduction of the number of abortionists in San Diego County.
Prior to 1993, there were 70 abortionists working in that county. Operation Rescue launched a campaign to expose the bloody operations of the abortionists and, since 1993, "over 40 abortionists have quit doing abortions, retired, or moved out of town, many as a direct result of OR's activism," said the group on its website."In addition, over 20 abortion mills have closed in San Diego County."
More recently, Operation Rescue is involved in a campaign using trucks that traverse the United States "showing graphic images of aborted babies."
"This ministry has saved hundreds of babies from abortion and is helping to change the hearts and minds of Americans about abortion," said the organization.