The nation's headline writers and comedians lucked out when a politician named Anthony Weiner became embroiled in a sexting scandal. It was one of those perfect storms. It set up late-night comedians in a manner equivalent to a Major League slugger trying to hit a beach ball with a snow shovel.
The comedic possibilities were so perfect in fact, that even the mainstream media couldn't help but get in on the act.
So, we decided to compile the top 10 headlines from Weiner-gate on one page. This should allow you easy access to all of your wiener-joke needs for the foreseeable future.
10. NY Post - "Too Hard to Stop"
9. Daily News - "Cuomo Spanks Weiner"
8. New York Post - "Weiner's Rise and Fall"
7. Seattle Times - "Anthony Weiner's Mounting Scandals"
6. New York Post - "Weiner Exposed"
5. CNS News.com - "Boehner Won't Bite on Weiner"
4. Hot Air.com - "Quinnipiac Poll: NYC Democrats Want Sagging Weiner to Pull Out"
3. Fox News.com - "Congressman Wants Weiner Probe"
2. New York Post - "Obama Beats Weiner"
...and my personal favorite....
1. New York Post - "Disgusted Democrats Letting Weiner Shrivel"
Of course, as many of our readers know, The Drudge Report has had a field day with the Weiner saga. They have come up with far too many headlines to list here. Fortunately, the blog Nebraska Attitude has done an excellent job of compiling a list of Drudge's top Weiner-gate headlines.
DISHONORABLE MENTION: Proving that Anthony Weiner humor requires at least a modicum of wit, the left-wing, Huffington Post made an attempt to get in on the fun, but ended up trying way to hard and coming up with something that's not clever but simply disgusting.
FAIL: Huffington Post - "Dirty Weiner Plunges In Hole"