On his nationally syndicated radio talk show “The Mark Levin Show” on Thursday, host Mark Levin blasted the media for immediately grabbing the narrative on guns and pushing the radical, progressive agenda.
“It’s an amazing thing. Every time there’s a mass-murder, a horrendous event, how is it that the Democrats benefit and the Republicans are on the run?” asked Mark Levin. “It’s the media. Media immediately grabs the narrative and pushes the radical, progressive agenda.”
Mark Levin’s comments from his show stem from a piece published in the Washington Examiner by Paul Bedard titled “Media ‘unhinged’ over shootings, ‘unprecedent levels of left-wing bias.’” In the piece, Bedard quotes a tweet made by Media Research Center President Brent Bozell, who said the following about the coverage of the mass slayings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio: “Unprecedented levels of left-wing bias by the media in their coverage of the El Paso and Dayton tragedies. This is just a sample of the shameful partisan propaganda being peddled by so-called ‘journalists.’”
Below is a transcript of Mark Levin’s remarks from his show on Thursday:
“It’s an amazing thing. Every time there’s a mass-murder, a horrendous event, how is it that the Democrats benefit and the Republicans are on the run? It’s the media. Media immediately grabs the narrative and pushes the radical, progressive agenda.
“A real journalist, Paul Bedard in the Washington Examiner today, he says, ‘Liberal media outlets have become “unhinged” over the mass slayings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, with the left-wing bias reaching “unprecedented levels,” according to critics of the coverage.
“‘“Unprecedented levels of left-wing bias by the media in their coverage of the El Paso and Dayton tragedies,” tweeted Brent Bozell ... . “This is just a sample of the shameful partisan propaganda being peddled by so-called ‘journalists,’” he added ... providing a link from his [NewsBusters] site of examples.
“‘At the [RNC], top aides have also charted examples …
“‘Rapid Response Director Steve Guest called the reactions “unhinged” … four examples:
- MSNBC anchor and former Bush spokeswoman Nicolle Wallace said that … Trump is “talking about exterminating Latinos.” She later tweeted that she had “misspoke.”
- Lawrence O’Donnell’s show The Last Word ran the chyron “TRUMP-INSPIRED TERRORISM.”
- A guest on the Brian Williams’ show, NBC contributor Frank Figluizzi, said that Trump re-raising U.S. flags [today] on August 8, after lowering them for the shootings, was “'very significant to the neo-Nazi movement”’ – Remember? We played this yesterday – ‘because they feel the [number eight stands for “H” and double eight is] “Heil Hitler.”
- CNN [contributor] Wajahat Ali cheered “#MassacreMoscowMitch” in a tweet, a reference to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
“‘[Now,] Bozell’s group, meanwhile, set up a special page titled “El Paso/Dayton shootings” to chart the bias.’ Here’s some of the headlines:
- Angry Trevor Noah Slams Fox for Not Demanding Gun Control
- MSNBC's Melvin Scolds: Trump 'Incapable...Unwilling to Show Empathy,' Unlike Obama
- Nets Hammer Trump While Touting Outrageous Dem Rhetoric
- Condescending CNN Looks to Mexico, Venezuela to Lecture U.S. on Gun Policy
- MSNBC’s Chris Hayes: President Poses ‘Existential Threat’ to America
- Networks Silent on Ohio Shooter’s ‘Leftist,’ ‘Socialist’ Politics
- Boston Globe E-Mail: 'Republicans Don't Value People,' Just NRA ‘Blood Money'”