Commentary

Boy Suspended for Pop-Tart 'Gun' Loses Appeal to Have Record Expunged

By Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr. | June 10, 2013 | 9:23pm EDT

An appeal to have an eight year-old boy's record expunged for a suspension he received for biting a Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun has been denied.

The attorney for Josh Welch, the boy who made national headlines after nibbling his pastry into a gun, said Monday that a top school official has denied an appeal to have the boy's record expunged.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the family's attorney, Robin Ficker, met with school officials last month, but no resolution was reached.

Ficker said the matter then went to the superintendent, Kevin Maxwell, whose office responded with a letter notifying the attorney that the appeal request had been denied.

But, Ficker isn't giving up.

"I've spoken to Mr. Welch, and we're definitely going to appeal to the board of education," Ficker said.

As "Right Views" previously reported, Josh Welch was recently presented with a lifetime membership to the National Rifle Association.

See more "Right Views, Right Now."

CNSNews Reader,

The liberal media are terrified of the truth, especially when it leads to uncomfortable questions about their own leftist worldview.

CNSNews covers the stories that the liberal media are afraid to touch. It drives the national debate through real, honest journalism — not by misrepresenting or ignoring the facts.

CNSNews relies on the support of our loyal readers to keep providing the news and commentary that matter to the American people, not just stories that prop up the liberal agenda.

Make a donation today. Just $15 a month would make a tremendous impact and enable us to keeping shining the light where the liberal media are afraid to tread.

— The CNSNews Team

DONATE

Connect

Sign up for our CNSNews.com E-Brief to receive the latest news.