On Monday, President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania announced their special guests at the President’s first State of the Union address on Tuesday:
- The parents of two young women, Nisa Mickens and Kayla Cuevas, friends who were brutally murdered by MS-13 gang members.
- The first blind, double-amputee to reenlist in the Marine Corps, Corporal (Ret.) Matthew Bradford, who had been injured by an IED explosion while serving in Iraq.
- The founder of a non-profit rescue and recovery organization that has provided aid to thousands of people across the South victimized by floods and storms, including Hurricane, Jon Bridgers.
- Fire prevention technician David Dahlberg who saved 62 children from a raging wildfire in Southern California.
- Police Officer Ryan Holets, who has served six years on the force in Albuquerque, New Mexico, been shot twice and, along with his wife, adopted a baby from parent who suffered from opioid addiction.
- Coast Guard Aviation Technician Ashlee Leppert who rescued dozens of Americans during last year’s devastating hurricane season.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Agen Celestino “CJ” Martinez, whose investigations have led to arrests of more than 100 MS-13 gang members who have been prosecuted for crimes, including homicide, assault, narcotics and weapons trafficking.
- U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Justin Peck, who was directly responsible for saving Chief Petty Officer Stacy’s life after Stacy was severely injured during an explosion in Syria last year.
- A veteran’s son, Preston Sharp, who has organized the placement of more than 40,000 flags and red carnations on soldiers’ graves, in honor of their service to the country.
- The president and vice president of Staub Manufacturing Solutions, a contract manufacturing company, who gave increased bonuses to their employees, thanks to last year’s tax reform legislation.
- A skilled welder, Corey Adams, who, with his wife, became first-time homeowners and invested extra money into their daughters’ education savings as a result of tax reform.
Meanwhile, Democrats’ guests at the State of the Union include:
- Illegal aliens brought as guests by House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-California) and other Democrats,
- A transgender Marine Corp veteran who opposes Pres. Trump’s efforts to ban transgenders from U.S. military service,
- The wife of an Iraqi man living in Michigan who was convicted of a weapons charge, spent two years in prison, and ordered deported in 1994, who was arrested and detained by immigration officials in 2017 – and who is leading a class-action suit against the U.S. government’s effort to deport detainees, and
- The daughter of a man deported after being criminally convicted in 1997 of knowingly possessing false identification to defraud the United States, who was detained and ordered deported in October of 2017 after illegally returning to the U.S.