A new survey ranks the 20 “most liberal” student bodies at U.S. colleges today.
"Politically, are you far-left, Democrat, non-partisan, Republican, or far-right?"
While Oregon’s Reed College ranks the number one “most liberal” student body, Massachusetts has the most schools in the top 20 (five). In all, schools in New England states account for eight of the top 20. California colleges hold three of the top five “most liberal” rankings, however.
Here are colleges making up the top 20 "most liberal" student bodies, according to the study:
- Reed College (Oregon)
- Bennington College (Vermont)
- Pitzer College (California)
- Mills College (California)
- Scripps College (California)
- Bryn Mawr (Pennsylvania)
- Earlham College (Indiana)
- Grinnell College (Iowa)
- Sarah Lawrence College (New York)
- College of the Atlantic (Maine)
- Whitman College (Washington)
- Agnes Scott College (Georgia)
- Carleton College (Minnesota)
- Clark University (Massachusetts)
- Williams College (Massachusetts)
- Mount Holyoke College (Massachusetts)
- Tufts University (Massachusetts)
- Brandeis University (Massachusetts)
- Barnard College (New York)
- Brown University (Rhode Island)