Blog

Update-Report: Clinton Bedroom Catches Fire

Craig Bannister
By Craig Bannister | January 3, 2018 | 4:14 PM EST

Fire breaks out in Clinton's Chappaqua bedroom. (Screenshot)

Update: A Secret Service statement has corrected a report that a fire broke out in the bedroom in former President Bill Clinton’s home in Chappaqua, NY, on Wednesday.

In its original story, Lower Hudson Valley reported that a fire broke out in the bedroom in former President Bill Clinton’s home in Chappaqua, NY, on Wednesday:

“New Castle police have confirmed a fire at the Clintons' home in Chappaqua.

“Police declined to give further details on the fire at 15 Old House Lane where Bill and Hillary Clinton have lived for nearly 20 years after buying it for $1.7 million in 1999.

“But scanner reports said it was a bedroom fire and has been extinguished.”

 

The updated story now states that the fire was in a compound behind the Clinton's home:

"The small fire started in the second-floor ceiling of a facility used by the Secret Service, which is in a detached structure behind the Clintons' home, the Secret Service said in a statement."

 


Please support CNSNews today! [a 501(c)(3) non-profit production of the Media Research Center]

DONATE

Or, book travel through MRC’s Travel Discounts Program! MRC receives a rebate for each booking when you use our special codes.

BOOK NOW