(CNSNews.com) - President Donald Trump on Friday said former Vice President Joe Biden had plagiarized part of the president’s economic plan by promoting the buying of American products and supporting American jobs.
At an event in Dunmore, Pa., on Thursday, Biden said, “The federal government spends taxpayers’ money. We should use it to buy American products and support American jobs. My plan would tighten the roles to make this a reality. These funds will provide reliable, predictable demand for products made by American workers and supply chains like this one right here for the American industries.”
Speaking to reporters on the White House lawn prior to leaving for Florida, Trump said, Biden plagiarized the president’s buy American, hire American economic plan.
“He plagiarized from me, but he can never pull it off. He likes plagiarizing. It’s a plan that is very radical left, but he said the right things, because he’s copying what I’ve done, but the difference is he can’t do it, and he knows he’s not doing that,” Trump said.
“It can’t be the same because he’s raising taxes way too much. He’s raising everybody’s taxes. He’s also putting tremendous amounts of regulations back on, and those two things are two primary reasons that I created the greatest economy we’ve ever had, and now we’re creating it again,” the president said.
According to his campaign website, Biden’s manufacturing plan is: buy American, make it in America, innovate in America, invest in all of America, stand up for America, and supply America.
Biden’s campaign details how his plan to ensure the future is “made in America by all of America’s workers:
- BUY AMERICAN. Make “Buy American” Real and Make a $400 billion Procurement Investment that together with the Biden clean energy and infrastructure plan will power new demand for American products, materials, and services and ensure that they are shipped on U.S.-flagged cargo carriers.
- MAKE IT IN AMERICA. Retool and Revitalize American Manufacturers, with a particular focus on smaller manufacturers and those owned by women and people of color, through specific incentives, additional resources, and new financing tools.
- INNOVATE IN AMERICA. Make a New $300 Billion Investment in Research and Development (R&D) and Breakthrough Technologies — from electric vehicle technology to lightweight materials to 5G and artificial intelligence — to unleash high-quality job creation in high-value manufacturing and technology.
- INVEST IN ALL OF AMERICA. Ensure Investments Reach All of America so we draw on the full talents and invest in the potential of all our communities and workers. America is not at full strength when investments, venture capital, educational opportunities and paths to good jobs are limited by race, zip code, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or national origin. Biden will ensure that the major public investments in his plan — procurement, R&D, infrastructure, training, and education — reach all Americans across all states and regions, including urban and rural communities, with historic investments in communities of color and an emphasis on small businesses.
- STAND UP FOR AMERICA. Pursue a Pro-American Worker Tax and Trade Strategy to fix the harmful policies of the Trump Administration and give our manufacturers and workers the fair shot they need to compete for jobs and market share.
- SUPPLY AMERICA. Bring Back Critical Supply Chains to America so we aren’t dependent on China or any other country for the production of critical goods in a crisis.