Seven Dead In Kosovo Terrorist Bombing
London (CNSNews.com) - Terrorists are believed to be responsible for bombing a bus carrying Serbs into Kosovo Friday morning, killing at least seven Serbs and hurting some 40 others.
A Bosnian Serb news agency, SRNA, quoted sources from the NATO-led Kosovo peacekeeping force, KFOR, as saying "Albanian extremists" were responsible for the attack.
The bus was the first of a convoy of seven being escorted by troops from KFOR, media officer Flight-Lieutenant Neil Tomlin said by telephone from Pristina.
Early reports indicated that the bomb had been hidden in drain and detonated by remote control as the bus went over it, he said, agreeing that to his knowledge this was the first incident of its kind.
The "Nis Express" is a convoy of buses traveling between the city of Nis in Serbia and Kosovo, taking Serbs into the majority ethnic Albanian province to visit friends and family.
"Normally it's a convoy of coaches, with KFOR escorts front and rear in vehicles."
Tomlin said the death toll stood at seven dead, 10 "very seriously injured" and 30-40 others hurt. All the dead and wounded were on the bus. None of the KFOR troops - from Sweden and the UK - had been hurt, he added.
KFOR troops were at the site, helping with the injured.
More to come.