CHARDON, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a teen who was hurt but survived a deadly shooting rampage at an Ohio high school has been released from the hospital.
The Chardon police chief says authorities learned Tuesday that the female Chardon High student had been released and was home with family. He said it is good news amid tragic circumstances.
The shootings Monday killed three students and wounded two, including the 18-year-old girl.
The 17-year-old suspect, T.J. Lane, appeared Tuesday in court. He was ordered held for at least the next 15 days.
A prosecutor has said Lane admitted taking a .22-caliber pistol to the school and firing 10 shots at a group of students sitting at a cafeteria table.
Both sides in the case are now under a gag order imposed by the judge.