Ohio landlord gets jail time in 4 tenant deaths
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio landlord has been sentenced to six months in jail after four of his tenants died when they were overcome by fumes from a generator while they were sleeping in a rental home that didn't have heat or electricity.
The Toledo judge who sentenced Steven Snow on Friday said Snow meant no harm when he gave the family the generator.
Snow dropped off the generator during a cold snap in March. The next morning, he found the bodies of the 39-year-old woman and her three children. A coroner ruled carbon monoxide poisoning killed them.
The Blade newspaper (http://bit.ly/oyP5JA ) in Toledo reports that Snow apologized in court to the victims' relatives.
He had known the woman for two decades and said he thought of her and the children as family.
Information from: The Blade, http://www.toledoblade.com/