NJ smoker burned when she accidently ignites hair

By the Associated Press | October 14, 2012 | 12:34 PM EDT

BUTLER, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a northern New Jersey woman was seriously burned when she accidentally ignited her hair while trying to light a cigarette.

The 64-year-old Butler resident was in her apartment Saturday afternoon when her hair caught fire. She has severe burns on her forehead, face and neck and was flown to a hospital, where she was listed in serious condition.

Authorities are investigating.