ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Nigerian police say they no longer believe an attack last week on police headquarters was a suicide bomb.
National police spokesman Olusola Amore distributed a statement at a press conference Wednesday "correcting the report about the fact that it is (a) suicide bombing."
The statement said the investigation has not been concluded into the attack in the capital of Abuja that left at least two dead. Amore took no questions and gave no further details.
Police said shortly after Thursday's attack that it was a suicide bomb and said they suspected a radical Muslim sect locally known as Boko Haram. They said the bomber was among the dead.
A man claiming to speak for Boko Haram told the BBC and a local paper it was responsible. He did not say, however, if it was a suicide bomb.