(CNSNews.com) - President Bush Tuesday night reassured the nation following the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, saying the United States and its citizens "saw evil."
Speaking from the Oval Office at the White House, Bush said the federal government would be operating "without interruption," on Wednesday, and said that emergency services crews had been mustered in response to the attacks.
"The functions of our government continue without interruption," said Bush. "Federal agencies in Washington which had to be evacuated (Tuesday) are re-opening for essential personnel tonight, and will be open for business tomorrow."
Bush also sought to calm any economic fears created by the disruption of commerce as a result of the attack.
"Our financial institutions remain strong, and the American economy will be open for business as well," Bush said.
The president also vowed to employ the "full resources" of the United States in finding out who was responsible for the attacks, saying that nations who provide cover for terrorist operations might also be held accountable.
"We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them," Bush said.