PALM HARBOR, Fla. (AP) — Fire officials say a bananas foster dessert caught fire at a Florida restaurant and four people were burned, including a woman who had severe injuries.
Officials with Palm Harbor Fire Rescue say the 151 alcohol poured into the dessert ignited Saturday night and splashed onto four customers. A 25-year-old woman was taken to a hospital with first- and second-degree burns. A 56-year-old woman also was taken to a hospital with respiratory burns. Two other people were burned but refused medical treatment.
The injuries happened at the Ozona Blue Grill in the Palm Harbor suburb, northwest of Tampa. A website for the restaurant says it serves seafood and steaks with an Asian twist.
A man who answered the phone at the restaurant said it had no comment and hung up.