Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. TRUMP-INSPIRED DEBATE DRAMA UNSETTLES GOP FIELD
When the billionaire businessman didn't rule out running as a third-party candidate, if he doesn't win the nomination, it sparked fresh waves of anxiety within the Republican Party.
2. WHICH KEY DEMOCRAT COOLS TO TEHRAN PACT
New York Sen. Chuck Schumer, the No. 3 Senate Democrat and next-in-line party leader, is breaking with Obama and will oppose the Iran nuclear deal.
3. LACK OF COHESIVE RESPONSE TO FLIGHT 370 APPARENT
Malaysia's assertion that more debris potentially linked to the missing jetliner washed up on an Indian Ocean island puzzles French officials.
4. HOW THINGS CHANGED IN FERGUSON
Since the fatal shooting of black teen Michael Brown by a white officer in this St. Louis suburb, the town changed its policing and interaction with its largely black community.
5. WHAT ONE MIGRANT CAMP LOOKS LIKE IN FRANCE
A Calais refugee camp mushrooms into a veritable village — with a mosque, church and myriad shops, all built by migrants from plastic tarp and plywood.
6. WHERE A-BOMB VICTIMS FEEL AT HOME
Since 1970, hundreds of elderly survivors live in four Hiroshima nursing homes after they lost their health, families, jobs and a chance at getting married.
7. WHY NORTH KOREA IS PUSHING ITS CLOCKS BACK
Pyongyang is pulling back its current standard time by 30 minutes on Aug. 15, it says, to erase the legacy of Japanese rule from 1910-1945 on the 70th anniversary of liberation.
8. FINDING THEIR VOICE: CLINIC HELPS TRANSGENDER CLIENTS
Speech pathologists at the University of Connecticut are helping them develop a voice that matches the sex they identify with to each ensure a successful transition.
9. NO ELECTRICITY, NO WATER, NO BATHROOM, NO PROBLEM
Travelers to New York City bold enough to book a parked van for $22 a night through Airbnb do get a bed and a spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline from across the East River in Queens.
10. WHO SIGNED OFF FROM 'THE DAILY SHOW'
Jon Stewart , America's foremost satirist of politicians and the media, tapes his final Comedy Central hit after 16 years as host.