Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. NETANYAHU CALLS ISRAELI ATTACK ON PALESTINIANS 'TERROR'
Suspected Jewish extremists attack a Palestinian village in the West Bank and torch two homes, killing a toddler and critically wounding his 4-year-old brother and parents.
2. CECIL THE LION'S KILLER SOUGHT
Zimbabwe intends to seek the extradition of an American dentist who killed the famed lion that was lured out of a national park and shot with a bow and a gun.
3. WHY JET PIECE MIGHT NOT HELP TRACK DOWN FLIGHT 370
An oceanographer says it would be next to impossible — akin to using big-city traffic patterns to predict the travels of a random person you encounter on the street.
4. WHERE 2022 WINTER GAMES WILL BE HELD
Beijing is selected to host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city awarded both the winter and summer games.
5. HOW COALITION BATTLE AGAINST ISLAMIC STATE GROUP IS FARING
American intelligence agencies conclude that the extremist group is no weaker than it was when the U.S.-led bombing campaign began a year ago.
6. GERMANY SHELVES NAZI WAR CRIMES PROBE OF U.S. MAN
Michael Karkoc, a 96-year-old retired Minnesota carpenter whom the AP exposed as a former commander in an SS-led unit, is deemed unfit for trial.
7. IN MIAMI, CLINTON TO MAKE CASE FOR CUBA
The Democratic presidential candidate is expected to urge Congress to lift the trade embargo on Havana.
8. DEVASTATING LOSSES FOR KING OF JUNGLE
AP's Seth Borenstein finds that the African lion population has shriveled since 1980, thanks to habitat loss and hunting.
9. TAKING A NUANCED APPROACH IN U.S. TERROR CASES
U.S. District Judge Michael Davis of Minnesota tries to gauge whether defendants are truly dedicated to jihad or simply misguided and can be rehabilitated.
10. HIGHER WAGES A SURPRISING SUCCESS FOR SEATTLE RESTAURANT
Ivar's Salmon House raises menu prices and tells customers they don't have to tip after the eatery decides to institute the city's $15-an-hour minimum wage two years ahead of schedule.