In the wake of the MSNBC's Cheerio-gate, its president - Phil Griffin - issued an apology to "everyone who was offended." The network saw itself boycotted by the RNC earlier today when a tweet from their official account last night smeared conservatives for their yet to be revealed faux-rage over a new Cheerios ad for the Super Bowl featuring a biracial family. Griffin said today:
The tweet last night was outrageous and unacceptable. We immediately acknowledged it was offensive and wrong, apologized and deleted it. We have dismissed the person responsible for the tweet. I personally apologize to Mr. Priebus and to everyone offended. At MSNBC, we believe in passionate, strong debate about the issues, and we invite voices from all sides to participate. That will never change. Signed, Phil Griffin.
While I'm glad Griffin apologized, labeling MSNBC as a network that welcomes "passionate, strong debate about the issues" is beyond laughable. Here is a nice list from our friends at IJ Review that shows this network is only about the issues that keep their liberal viewers well sated on the stories bashing conservatives.
1. Like Clockwork, MSNBC's Dyson Says 'Duck Dynasty Part Of Majority White Supremacist Culture'
2. MSNBC Exec: ObamaCare Haters Are 'Biggest Losers Of The Year'
3. WATCH: Melissa Harris-Perry Tearfully Apologizes to Romney Family
4. Signs You Don't Get Real Life: MSNBC Suggests Men Who Love Jesus are 'Homoerotic'
5. You Won't Believe MSNBC Host's Reference To Well-Known Racial Epithet
6. VIDEO: Here We Go! Chris Matthews Says GOP Actually Worse Than Apartheid
7. BREAKING: MSNBC Fires Host Alec Baldwin After Offensive Outburst
8. After Suggesting Someone Poop in Sarah Palin's Mouth, MSNBC's Martin Bashir Apologizes
9. Did Chris Matthews Really Just Go There? Takes Jab at Christie's Sex Life
10. Matthews' Obsession Continues: Now Cruz Is 'Racist' For Joking About D.C. Not Being Part Of America
11. Major Fail: O'Donnell Falsely Claims NFL Owners Invented 'Redskins'
12. Unbelievable: MSNBC's Matthews Says Those Opposed To Obama Want To Recreate The Civil War
13. MSNBC's Brzezinski: Ted Cruz, Like-Minded Republicans Don't Love America
14. MSNBC: Only 'Phony Christians' Oppose ObamaCare
15. MSNBC's Schultz: Blame Detroit's 'Death' On Republican 'Parasites'
16. MSNBC's Matthews Compares Voter ID Laws To South African Apartheid
17. MSNBC Analyst: Rush Limbaugh 'Represents The Confederacy', Would've Backed Slavery
18. MSNBC's Michael Eric Dyson: More White Kids Need To Die For America To Understand Racism
19. MSNBC: Prof Likens Clarence Thomas Decision to 'Symbolic Jew' Deciding for 'Hitler' & 'Holocaust'
20. MSNBC's Bashir: 'IRS' is The New N-Word
21. MSNBC Hosts: White Supremacy, Racism Only Reasons to Care About Obama's IRS Scandal
22. Touré: Ben Carson Is The GOP's 'Black Friend,' Enjoying GOP's 'Affirmative Action' And 'Assuaging Their Guilt'
23. Wow: MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Disgustingly Offers To Fight Tagg Romney
24. MSNBC: If Romney Wins, More People Will Die
25. Chris Matthews Apologizes For Thanking Hurricane Sandy For Helping Obama Get Re-Elected
So, is MSNBC is a place for a "strong debate about the issues?" You've got to be kidding me.
H/T IJ Review