Ted Cruz: 49 Reasons to Stop Obamacare
Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) read 49 Tweets on the Senate floor Tuesday night with the hashtag #DefundObamacareBecause.
One can assume the actual tweets contained abbreviations, but here’s a list of the 49 tweets as read by Sen. Cruz.
- It’s just another way to gain control over people.
- I don’t want the government dictating my health care.
- I don’t trust the government to run my health care.
- It was sold to us on lies. ‘You can keep your insurance’ – No.
- It’s too intrusive on our privacy.
- It’s killing jobs and stifling the economy.
- It’s forcing small businesses to layoff fulltime workers and replaces them with part-time workers to avoid bankrupting mandate.
- Congress should be representing us. ‘We the people’ a majority of Americans don’t want Obamacare.
- It adds layers of government inefficiency, centralizes control to ivory tower bureaucrats. Massive drag on the economy.
- It will lead to single payer healthcare. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.
- It is not even implemented yet and it has already raised my insurance rates and reduced the quality of my medical care.
- Cancellation notices from my carrier due to ACA kind of ruin the narrative, ‘like it, keep it’. Bombs away on ACA.
- I don’t want the government deciding my family’s healthcare.
- The cost of healthcare will increase with quality decreasing. Empower the free market.
- It is a threat to jobs and our economy.
- I got laid off. My chances of finding another job are slim to none now.
- It’s time for people in DC to do what’s best for this country instead of their political party.
- It kills jobs and the backbone of the American middle-class.
- It’s killing free clinics and reducing access to care.
- Americans love freedom.
- It’s a job-killing machine up to and including doctors.
- I don’t want government to control my healthcare.
- The free market works and government regulation does not.
- Americans can’t live on part-time wages and pay the outrageously high cost of Obamacare.
- It violates American’s First Amendment right to religious liberty.
- We the people don’t want it and the government works for us.
- It has already resulted in great doctors leaving medicine.
- Government is not meant to force me into something they have no business in.
- I’m against force and coercion from government.
- If it were a great idea it would be voluntary.
- I don’t want bureaucrats involved in my physician’s decisions on my healthcare.
- I value my freedom.
- It is ruining the 40-hour workweek, according to unions.
- It is crony capitalism for the healthcare industrial complex.
- You don’t want a bunch of bureaucrats deciding which medical treatments you can and can’t receive. What do they know?
- The government should not own our medical data.
- The I.R.S. will be enforcing it.
- It is a job-killing, economy-destroying, healthcare-ruining, debt exploding, out of control government mess.
- Is all about socialistic control of we the people and nothing to do with ‘fixing’ healthcare.
- It was rammed through in the dark of the night and that should matter.
- It has already come between me and my doctors and it’s not even fully implemented yet.
- It’s a Trojan Horse. Once inside it will destroy us.
- Even the unions agree it’s not working.
- We need the I.R.S. to get out of our lives not make health care decisions for us.
- It’ll cost Americans their jobs.
- It’s a red herring being used to move the country to a single-payer system.
- Honestly, the people do not want it.
- Problems cannot be solved by a larger government than the one that created them.
- After three years they’re still trying to sell it to us.
This list marked the first of several occasions Sen. Cruz read tweets during his marathon verbal assault on Obamacare.
Cruz later took the opportunity to read Tweets marked #MakeDCListen, a hashtag he promoted while speaking on the Senate floor.