President Obama's fifth State of the Union address has come and gone, and while it seems like we've heard it all before, the reality is this one had more than its share of memorable lines.
Thus, without further ado, today's daily briefing presents the top 10 most memorable lines from Obummer's State of the Union speech [Editor's Note: I suspect Steve may be paraphrasing a bit here):
10. "Hey, is that the national debt in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
9. (to Speaker John Boehner) "John, orange is your color...again."
8. "In case you were wondering, the Cloward-Piven strategy really does work."
7. "Vice President Joe Biden..." (rest of the statement inaudible after being interrupted by uncontrollable laughter in the chamber)
6. "Anybody else smell sulfur?"
5. "Just think, if Wendy Davis is the next governor of Texas she can dismember at least 350 babies in the time it will take me to give the next State of the Union speech."
4. "I really shouldn't be here tonight, but the Republicans went ahead and nominated Mitt Romney."
3. "I wish some more marginal pro athletes would come out and say they like to have gay sex so we can stop talking about my record."
2. "Vote the chancellor emergency powers so he can end these threats to the Republic."
1. "If you like your current collapsing constitutional republic, you can keep it.