On his show last night, Mark Levin said that President Barack Obama is the Commander-in-Chief of the war on the private sector. Levin discussed the lack of U.S. jobs and pointed to a number of disappointing economic statistics.
“I want you to look around you. I want you to think about family members and friends and co-workers. Many of you look at your own situation. Look at the situation of your children. Think how prices are rising, costs are rising. But, for most people income is flat – if not, losing ground.”
- “There are 23 million unemployed or underemployed today."
- "42 percent of the unemployed in this country are long-term unemployed."
- "The growth of the economy in 2011 was 1.7 percent – it was flat."
- "49.1 million Americans are in poverty – the highest ever recorded."
- "7.7 million less people in the workforce since 2009.”
“Obama says he’s created 4.3 million jobs. He’s created nothing but havoc.”
- “Food stamps have doubled. About 45 million people are on food stamps."
- "More people are applying for Social Security disability because of the difficulty of the times than ever before in history by a percentage, not absolute numbers."
- "47 percent of Americans receive some kind of government benefits.”
“This is what we have to show for over five and a half trillion more dollars in debt.”
“And today, in the Washington Compost, it’s reported the net worth of the American family has fallen to its lowest level in twenty years, according to government data released today - driven by a more than 40 percent drop in their stakes of their homes.”
“We are regressing as an economy, as a culture, as a society…this economy is dead on its back.”
“The private sector is teetering on destruction because Barack Obama is not only Commander-in-Chief or our military; he is the Commander-in-Chief in the war against the private sector.”
See more "Right Views, Right Now" opinion and analysis.