Canadian Cardinal Bettors' Early Favorite Pope Pick At 5 to 2
News broke early this morning that Pope Benedict the XVI will resign on February 28 and already the online betting sites have set the odds for his replacement.
According to PaddyPower.com, Cardinal Marc Ouellet of Canada is favored to be the next Pope with odds of 5 to 2, meaning that a two dollar bet on Ouellet would pay five dollars if he becomes the next Pope.
The odds for the next 10 Papal potentials are as follows:
- Cardinal Francis Arinze, Nigeria at 3 to1
- Cardinal Peter Turkson, Ghana at 4 to1
- Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, Argentina at 5 to 1
- Cardinal Gianfranco, Italy at 6 to 1
- Archbishop Angelo Scola, Venice at 7 to1
- Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga, Honduras at 10 to1
- Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, Italy at 12 to 1
- Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco, Italy at 14 to 1
- Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, Argentina at 16 to 1
- Cardinal Dionigi Tettamanzi, Italy at 25 to 1
Let the betting begin!