Boy Suspended for Pop-Tart 'Gun' Loses Appeal to Have Record Expunged

June 10, 2013 - 8:23 PM

An appeal to have an eight year-old boy's record expunged for a suspension he received for biting a Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun has been denied.

The attorney for Josh Welch, the boy who made national headlines after nibbling his pastry into a gun, said Monday that a top school official has denied an appeal to have the boy's record expunged.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the family's attorney, Robin Ficker, met with school officials last month, but no resolution was reached.

Ficker said the matter then went to the superintendent, Kevin Maxwell, whose office responded with a letter notifying the attorney that the appeal request had been denied.

But, Ficker isn't giving up.

"I've spoken to Mr. Welch, and we're definitely going to appeal to the board of education," Ficker said.

As "Right Views" previously reported, Josh Welch was recently presented with a lifetime membership to the National Rifle Association.

See more "Right Views, Right Now."