Obama Calls Sequester 'Manufactured Crisis,' But HE'S The One Who Manufactured It
"We can't keep lurching from one manufactured crisis to another," Pres. Obama said Thursday regarding the sequester budget cuts taking effect.
Agreed. But, who manufactured the sequester?
It was Obama, if you believe Democrat Senate Finance Chair Max Baucus (D-Mont.) ("The White House recommended it.")
For that matter, who turned it into a crisis in the public's eyes? Check out these headlines:
- "Obama Warns of Dire Sequester Consequences"
- "Obama Warns Spending Cuts Could Idle Military Resources"
- "No State Will go Unscathed, Obama Warns"
- "Obama Warns 'People Will Lose Their Jobs' If Sequester Cuts Take Effect Next Week"
- "Obama Warns Spending Cuts Could Idle Shipbuilder"
- "Obama Warns of Risks Over Budget Cut Uncertainty"
And, my personal favorite: