Unemployment Rose in 27 States In June
The unemployment rate increased in more than half the states in the country in June, the U.S. Bureau Of Labor Statistics reported today.
Compared to May, seasonally-adjusted unemployment rose in 27 states in June. Only 11 states saw the unemployment rate drop month-to-month, as did the District of Columbia.
Six states experienced saw statistically significant increases in unemployment compared to May:
- New Jersey: up 0.4% to 9.6%
- Alabama: up 0.4%) to 7.8%
- New York: up 0.3%) to 8.9%
- Alaska: up 0.3% to 7.3%
- Wisconsin: up 0.2% to 7.0%
- Pennsylvania: up 0.1% to 7.5%