Think about the list of things liberals say they find "offensive." Racism, sexism, greed, corporate profiteering, gay slurs, intolerance, Big Oil, carbon footprints, being accused of anti-Americanism - and the list goes on. But, the evidence proves liberals are less offended by these things (if they even are offended) than they are by conservatism.
Let's look at the facts.
Al Gore-Zeera is just the latest example of my point.
Mr. Gore selling his Current TV network to Al Jazeera violated just about everything liberalism stands for:
1. Corporate Profiteering? Gore profited a reported $100 million dollars on this deal.
2. Greed? Even the left wing New York Times reported Gore did all he could to try and force this deal through before the end of the year so he could avoid paying Obama's new higher capital gains taxes for 2013.
3. Big Oil? Al Jazeera is based out of, and sponsored by, the government of Qatar, one of the world's largest oil exporters.
4. Racism/Anti-Semitism? Al Jazeera is known for their sympathetic support for radical Islamic, anti-Semitic hatred of the "Zionists Jews" of Israel.
5. Homophobia? Al Jazeera is run by Muslims and sponsored by the government of Qatar, a Sharia Law nation that forbids homosexuality. Homosexual behavior in Qatar is a crime punishable (officially) by imprisonment and (unofficially) by death. One wonders what the LGBT supporting liberal left would have to say about Pat Robertson's views on homosexuality had Current TV been sold to the 700 Club.
6. Sexism? The Islamic Sharia Law of Qatar and the Islamic leadership of Al Jazeera do not grant anywhere close to equal rights to women in the courts or in the culture. Sharia Law also adheres to all of the Qu'ran, including Surah 4:34 which states that a Muslim man may "beat" his wife.
And let's not forget how offended liberals get when you question their patriotism, yet liberals don't seem to be the slightest bit upset with Gore for refusing to sell to Glenn Beck due to his conservatism, while supporting Gore's decision to greatly expand the audience of Al Jazeera - a network with a long history of showing support for our enemies and spewing anti-American propaganda.
It's time for liberal America to come clean and finally admit it. They are more offended by conservatism than they are racism, anti-Semitism, anti-Americanism, homophobia, sexism, greed, corporate profiteering, big oil, you name it.
The issue is not really Al Gore. It's the reaction of liberal America to Al Gore. The fact that they are fine with his transaction is just one more example of the American left's hatred for conservatism trumping all else. You see, Gore is a liberal. He is anti-conservatism, and that's all that matters to liberals in America.
And it's not just Al Gore.
Think about the number of popular celebrities that have been caught uttering the infamous "N-word" over the years, like Michael Richards (Seinfeld's "Kramer"), losing his temper at a black heckler during his stand-up routine in November 2006 at L.A.'s Laugh Factory, angrily calling the heckler a "n****r" five times, or Paris Hilton being caught on video in 2007, while dancing with her sister to the rap song "Hypnotize", saying "we're dancing like a couple of n****r's".
Or Grammy winning musician John Mayer telling Playboy Magazine in an interview the reason so many black people like his music is because he has a "n****r pass", or Joan Rivers in January 2011 telling Howard Stern on his show, regarding Michelle Obama's fashion sense, "we used to have Jackie O, now we've got Blackie O," or longtime liberal hero (and former KKK Grand Kleagle) Robert Byrd using the N-word twice on Fox News in a 2001 interview, or former Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean in 2005, while speaking to the Congressional Black Caucus, joking that Republicans couldn't get this many "people of color" in this room "without inviting the hotel staff", or Joe Biden recently telling a mostly black audience, about Republicans, "they gonna put y'all back in chains."
There are countless examples like this, but they all have two things in common. One, there was no outrage from the left, and, two, the offenders are all liberal.
You see, whether it's Michael Moore becoming filthy rich while trashing America, Sean Penn coddling America's enemies like Hugo Chavez, Charlie Sheen (just last week on video) calling an audience "you bunch of fa**ots," Bill Maher repeatedly calling conservative women like Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin the C-word and other misogynistic terms, it's important to notice, not just what these disgusting people say, but how liberals in America respond to them.
Liberals are not turned off. Liberals are not offended by them. Liberals continue to celebrate these people, champion them, laugh, cheer and applaud them at events and follow them on Twitter, yet when Chick-Fil-A's CEO says he personally opposes gay marriage, the left goes on a slash and burn campaign against his company because they are so "offended."
Ask yourself this. What do you think would be the response of liberals in America if any one of their liberal heroes held a press conference to say "I am now pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, politically conservative and have joined the Republican Party"?
Liberals would turn against that person instantly because the thought of going conservative is just too offensive. Sexism, racism, intolerance, homosexual slurs, greed, anti-Americanism, corporate profiteering, Sasquatch size carbon footprints - all these things are forgivable, all these things can be overlooked, as long as done by other liberals.
But to be conservative? That's just too far.